Of The Team.
NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER (NOC) ENGINEER
Albany, NY / Charlotte, NC
Complete Network is looking for a Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer with a B.S. in Computer science or Information Technology and five to ten years of technical experience in a multi-disciplinary production environment. The candidate must have strong time management and communication skills. Day-to-day duties will include Level-3 technical support and oversight.
Candidate must be capable of managing several mid/long-term projects and coordinating resources and customers to achieve team and company goals. Experience with ERP and remote monitoring software a plus. Candidate must have an entrepreneurial attitude and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for following best-practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Managing Level 3 service desk tickets. NOC serves as a primary escalation point for Level 3 tickets
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Escalation point for on-call resources as required
- Write and continuously improve SOPs and other documentation
- Business process improvement for service and project delivery
- Obtain and keep current partner training including Cisco, VMware, EMC, Microsoft, and Veeam
- Obtain and keep current high-level knowledge of ConnectWise (ERP) and Automate (RMM) tools including workflow design and implementation, reporting, and automation
- High-level point-of-contact for customers, vendors, partners, and distributors
Required skills and experience
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good personality. Able to interact with and support customers and colleagues with a friendly attitude
- High-level Windows System Administration in a production environment – Desktop and Server
- Database administration including SQL query manipulation
- Remote Support and Administration
- Anti-virus administration
- IT Security tools and best-practices
- Backup and recovery software
- Record of resolving difficult IT challenges
- In-depth troubleshooting of hardware and OS issues
- VMware Experience
- Mobile device support
- Wired and wireless networking concepts and hardware
- Cisco IOS and ASA
- Remote Monitoring and Management Tools
- Linux administration
- SEIM tools
- SharePoint administration and/or development
- ERP, CRM, and Project Management software experience
Compensation and Benefits
This is a salaried position. Candidate must be willing to work overtime and be on call. Candidate must have reliable transportation and be able to work from home as needed.
Benefits include health insurance, cell phone allowance, and retirement plan.
About Complete Network
Complete Network is a managed IT service provider that provides network support, cybersecurity, and technology consulting expertise to small- and medium-sized businesses. We have a reputation for providing high-value, high-reliability solutions to companies that depend on their technology to succeed. We’ve earned several regional and national distinctions over our many years of services. By providing each client with the right combination of people, process, and technology, we help them build a Complete Network.