Be A Part Of The Team.
Virtual Chief Information Officer
Albany, NY / Charlotte, NC
Complete Network is looking for a Virtual Chief Information Officer (VCIO) with a B.S. in Computer Science or Information Technology and 10 to 20 years of technical leadership experience in a multi-disciplinary production environment. The candidate must have strong time management and communication skills.
Day-to-day duties will include coordinating Level-3 technical support and oversight along with project consulting, design, documentation, and implementation. Candidate must be capable of managing several mid/long-term project and coordinating resources and customers to achieve project goals. Experience with ERP and remote monitoring software a plus. Candidate must have an entrepreneurial attitude and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
The VCIO is the primary client-facing technical consultant.
- High-level point-of-contact for clients, vendors, partners, and distributors
- Technical design of projects. Works with the Engineering Manager to ensure correct design and scope-of-work for projects
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Escalation point for Service Desk and NOC resources as required
- Write and continuously improve SOPs and other documentation
- Learn other job roles including Service Manager, Engineering Manager act as a backup when necessary
- Business process improvement for service and project delivery
- Obtain and keep current sales-engineer (SE) level partner training and certifications including Cisco, VMware, EMC, Microsoft, and Veeam
- Obtain and keep current high-level knowledge of ConnectWise (ERP) and Labtech (RMM) tools including workflow design and implementation, reporting, and automation
Required skills and Experience
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good personality. Able to interact with and support customers and colleagues with a friendly attitude
- Database administration including SQL query manipulation
- Remote Support and Administration
- Anti-virus administration
- IT Security tools and best-practices
- Backup and recovery software
- Record of resolving difficult IT challenges
- In-depth troubleshooting of hardware and OS issues
- VMware Experience
- Mobile device support
- Wired and wireless networking concepts and hardware
- Cisco IOS and ASA
- Remote Monitoring and Management Tools
- Linux administration
- SEIM tools
- SharePoint administration and/or development
- ERP, CRM, and Project Management software experience
Compensation and Benefits
This is a salaried position. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Candidate must be willing to work overtime and be on call. Candidate must have reliable transportation and be able to work from home as needed.
Benefits include health insurance, cell phone allowance, and retirement plan.
About Complete Network
Complete Network is a managed IT service provider that provides network support, cybersecurity, and technology consulting expertise to small- and medium-sized businesses. We have a reputation for providing high-value, high-reliability solutions to companies that depend on their technology to succeed. We’ve earned several regional and national distinctions over our many years of services. By providing each client with the right combination of people, process, and technology, we help them build a Complete Network.